2017 Recap, 2018 Goals
What’s up, 2018? I see you. Get over here: I’m ready for you.
I had a pretty freaking good 2017, if I do say so myself! It wasn’t all unicorns and cupcakes, but I:
- left LinkedIn where I was a UI engineer, and got a new job at Adobe where I’m a hybrid designer developer on the design systems team
- started focusing on design systems more
- started focusing on accessibility more (and became the first employee to get a11y certified in both design and development)
- did my first tech talks at 1 local meetup, 1 work presentation, 1 tech conference talk, and 1 design conference panel
- became a Girl Develop It teacher and taught HTML, CSS, and Wordpress courses to women
- published my first Medium post which got over 1,000 claps
- and last but not least, I started my first project in React (finally)
I also went pretty much broke in between jobs, ruffled some feathers with bad communication patterns, and lost my wonderful aunt to cancer, but everything is a balance, I suppose.
In 2018, I hope to:
- Speak more, hopefully at at least one international conference
- Blog more
- Focus on my health more (and social life maybe? anyone wanna be friends lol)
- Improve my communication skills
- and do some more hobby work (psst…you can see my handmade jewelry at https://sarah.jewelry/)
- and of course keep improving my technical skills (thank you Front End Masters and Treehouse!)
And that’s all for now. Have a happy holidays and a happy new year folks!